The New Approach: Commercial
On-Camera Acting, Audition Technique, & Career Building Strategies for TV Commercials
Taught By Casting Director / Producer Michael Sonntag
Mondays, January 26th – March 2nd
$275 for 6-week class
The New Approach: Commercial is a 6-week acting class designed for any actor who is interested in working more in TV commercials – whether you’re just starting out, or you’re looking to increase your booking ratio – this class will give you the tools you need to succeed in the commercial world.
Casting Director & Producer Michael Sonntag will guide students through topics, which include:
- Psychology Behind All Commercials & Commercial Auditions – What Does The Client Want?
- On-Camera Discipline (Be Authentic Using Your Archetypes And Own Personality)
- Rehearse All Types Of Material – Spokesperson Spots, Dialogue Spots, Improvisations, Slice
Of Life, 2-Person Scenes, Reading Copy, Etc. – Students Get Up Multiple Times Per Class
- Working with Story Boards – Understanding How To Break Down This Type Of “Script”
- Props & Product Use – How To Proficiently Handle These Elements In The Audition
- How To Slate And Effectively Interview On-Camera (It’s Not As Easy As It Looks!)
- Preparing For A Commercial Audition – What Do You Need To Do Beforehand?
- Callbacks – Learning How To Handle Coming Back Into The Room The Second Time
From course teacher, Michael Sonntag: “Why teach a commercial class? Because in the past six years of casting commercials, I consistently see actors make the same mistakes. And I recognize them, because they’re the same mistakes I made as an actor myself. If only I had known then what I’ve had the advantage to see behind the camera during the casting process now, I would have booked a lot more. It’s not rocket science, but there is a method to it!”