The New Approach: Casting Director Series
Weekend Intensive With Casting Director & Producer Paul Weber
Saturday, July 20th & Sunday, July 21st
Noon - 5:00 PM
Presenting yourself as an actor is about more than just showing up and letting your talent shine. There are specific skills that an actor needs to know and utilize – knowing how to work a room, the camera, and your audition technique are all part of the equation. In this 2-day, high-intensive course, Casting Director Paul Weber will guide you through these principles, including:
- The Law Of Attraction – What Attracts Casting Directors To Certain Actors – And How Would Present Yourself In A Job Interview? Get The Most Out Of A 1-On-1 CD “General”.
- Casting Yourself – Think You Know What Material Is Right For You? Bring In A Scene You Think Best Showcases You And We’ll Find Out. (Includes Critique Of Scene Performance.)
- Beyond Cold Reading – What Do You Do When You’re Given No Time To Prepare? How To Make The Best Choices In The Moment – And Explore The Character On The Spot?
- Under 5 Challenge – How Do You Make The Most Of An Audition When You Only Have A Few Lines? (Actors Compete In An Audition – Demystifying The Casting Process.)
- Producer Session Competition – Actors Will Prepare Audition Sides To Present At A Producer Session – And Compete Against Their Fellow Actors For The Role.
Paul Weber conducts cold reading / scene study workshops worldwide. His workshop focuses on the personal direction and guidance that will give the actor insight into the cold reading process, help the actor develop audition and marketing skills, and prepare the actor for a successful career in the industry. As an instructor, he taught the popular class “The Working Actor, Get The Audition, Book The Job” at UCLA. He is presently working a book about the audition process.
Paul has taught two prior workshops at Studio C Artists - in both 2011 and 2012.
Call (323) 988-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Limited enrollment! All major credit cards accepted.
DISCLAIMER: This workshop is a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. When the workshop is over, the casting director/casting associate/casting director (whichever is applicable) teaching this workshop will not be taking home nor be given access to your headshot, resume or any other of your promotional materials.