The New Approach: Casting Director Series
Four Week Intensive With Indie Casting Director Jennifer Levy
Thursdays @ 7:30p
March 7th-28th, 2013
Independent films can be a great experience for actors at all stages of their careers – whether it’s the chance to explore and expand more creatively as an artist, or a fantastic opportunity to show off what you can do and gain a little much needed exposure. And just as creatively varied as these films can be from more mainstream projects, auditioning for and performing in these kinds of films can be quite different as well. Knowing the ropes of this indie film world as an actor is a must – and it’s something that Casting Director Jennifer Levy specializes in. In this 4-week course, Jennifer will guide you through how to compete in this arena – and how to let your work shine in this different creative climate. The four weeks will cover:
- The differences between auditioning/performing for independent films vs. TV or other studio feature projects – what is the indie film audition process?
- Working with complete scripts – it’s not just about sides anymore – you’ll get two complete indie film scripts to work with for the four weeks.
- Pre-reads & callbacks – notes and adjustments can be extensive in these types of auditions – learn how to handle them skillfully, and make a mark on your performance in the room.
- Learn how to work with another actor in a scene during an audition (very common in indie film) – and how to create chemistry between the two of you during the casting process.
- Working with the material once you book the job and developing your performance – will involve an actual table read for a project performed by the entire class.
- What are some of the best auditions Jennifer has ever seen? She’ll show you – and let you know what you can do the next time you’re in a similar situation to make an impression.
Jennifer really loves working with actors – and it shows when she’s casting. Above everything – auditioning for her is a lot of fun – and you’ll experience that same enthusiasm in this class.
Call (323) 988-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Limited enrollment! All major credit cards accepted.
DISCLAIMER: This workshop is a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. When the workshop is over, the casting director/casting associate/casting director (whichever is applicable) teaching this workshop will not be taking home nor be given access to your headshot, resume or any other of your promotional materials.