The New Approach: Casting Director Series
4-Week On Camera Class With Top TV Casting Director Dylann Brander
Thursdays, August 8th - 29th
One of the tough things about understanding the casting process is that it has changed so much in the past couple of years due to technological advances and shifts in the industry itself – especially in the world of television casting. Casting Director Dylann Brander knows all too well about these changes – and what that means for an actor coming into her office to audition.
Probably the most dramatic shift has come in regards to how a network test is handled – and how the old rules don’t really apply. The network test is the pinnacle of the audition process – and even if you’ve never experienced one, learning how one works from the standpoint of the casting director, provides insight into the entire casting process (even choices made in a pre-read). It’s all about being nimble and ready to take direction – and all of it is a reflection of how actors will handle themselves once they get on set. With this in mind, this course is structured as follows:
- Actors will be put through the paces of a network test each week – presenting two different scenes to work on for the test.
- Each test will be performed in front of the camera & filmed for review afterwards.
- Weeks 1 & 2 will be a television drama scene that the actor will choose themselves.
- Weeks 3 & 4 will be a television comedy scene that Dylann will assign.
- This setup will also provide discussion for how you see yourself in casting vs. how you are seen by the casting community in general – and where they’re in sync.
- Dylann will redirect each actor for each scene – and coach you through the art of handling a redirect from the casting director when it is given to you in the room.
All four weeks of the class will be performed on-camera - with additional feedback given based on the taped audition.
Call (323) 988-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Limited enrollment! All major credit cards accepted.
DISCLAIMER: This workshop is a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. When the workshop is over, the casting director/casting associate/casting director (whichever is applicable) teaching this workshop will not be taking home nor be given access to your headshot, resume or any other of your promotional materials.